Friday, July 17, 2009

how thrustable is that botak?

July 16, 2009
Ming Yi admits cover up
By Carolyn Quek

Ming Yi admitted for the first time in court on Thursday that he had helped personal aide Raymond Yeung cover up for an unauthorised $50,000 loan. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

FORMER Ren Ci CEO and chairman Ming Yi admitted for the first time in court on Thursday that he had helped personal aide Raymond Yeung cover up for an unauthorised $50,000 loan.

About the case
MING Yi is accused of forgery, providing false or misleading information to the Commissioner of Charities, conspiracy to falsify a payment voucher and the misappropriation of Ren Ci funds.



At issue is a $50,000 loan from Ren Ci Hospital to Mandala Cultural Centre, made in 2004, a Ren Ci-affiliated religious artefacts shop.

... more
Ming Yi is being accused of forgery, providing false or misleading information to the Commissioner of Charities, conspiracy to falsify a payment voucher and the misappropriation of Ren Ci funds.

At the resumed trial, the Buddhist monk, 47, told the court that Yeung had confessed to him the real use of the loan, which Ming Yi had all along thought was used to buy wood for the Mandala Buddhist Cultural Centre.

Yeung, who was no longer working as the monk's personal aide in January last year and had returned to Hong Kong, had called Ming Yi to wish him happy birthday.

Yeung then dropped the 'shocking news', that the $50,000 loan was used for a house in Hong Kong. 'I was very taken aback, I was very stumped. I really did not know what to do. Conflicting thoughts ran through me,' said Ming Yi, who later met up with Yeung in Hongkong.

'He broke down, he was crying. He told me he had a grave mistake of not recording the loan in Mandala's books and he also made this very grave mistake in coming up with the story to make me believe that the $50,000 was for the purchase of wood,' the former charity head told the court.

But Yeung also begged the monk to stay with the story. Ming Yi knew it was wrong but he agreed.

'Although I scolded him for coming up with the story, I would say I was very selfish. I did not want more harm to come to Ren Ci. I did not want the accounting mistake of not recording the loan in Mandala's books to affect the poor and needy sick in Ren Ci,' he explained.

'I was selfish because I did not want irreparable harm to be done to my baby, Ren Ci.' The trial continues in the afternoon.

is he that thrustable that he can bear for his baby so much?

his thrustable compassion seems to be more for thrusting his aide than for his baby REN CI.

what consumed him so much so to sacrifice and even taking all the raps that were the nonsense originated from his aide? are there more insider story not revealed....and that the donating public should really know?

and please do not thrust me but trust me.....those are the latest news. but seemingly there are more hideous secrets yet to be revealed.

No comments: