let's play detective to this sudden "suicide" of an indo student.
Today, 02:37 PM
I am one of David Hartanto's close friend and I am here to give you some facts, assumptions, possibilities about this case
1. Lok Tat Seng: Dean of Student of NTU gathered all Indonesian students in
International Student Center on evening after incident and he just said there was witness on the spot who saw David's body lying on the ground, dead. Dean did not said that witness saw David jumped from balcony. And that is, according to him, all he has saw.
2. The only official statement from police is: David was found dead at
the crime scene, they did not mention whether he commited suicide.
The link: http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIM...20at%20NTU.pdf
They also just mention 'The professor was believed to be stabbed'. The police
did not say that 'the professor was stabbed'. Where this assumption come from? Why they did not say about it?
3. I and some Indonesian students gather tonight, 3 March 2009, at 8 pm,
at International Student Center and talked to David's parent.
They have seen his body. There was NO WOUND whatsoever on his wrists and police also has confirmed it. I assumed that his parent would not lie it means that all media news about
'David slashed his wrist' was FAKE.
4. The wounds found on David's body, according to his parents,
were on his head (It is assumed due to fall injury),
and slash wound on his neck. The wound on his neck is very suspicious, in
my opinion. How he received that wound?? Again, according to his parent,
police guessed that it may be happened when the bottom part of his head smashed the ground. In that case, his chin will have broken and it did not.
My question is: WHERE DOES THAT SLASH WOUND ON HIS NECK CAME FROM?
1. David stabbed professor. How did you know? The crime scene is closed room, only David and that professor. No one see what has happened. Eye-witness only saw David run out from that room.
2. David commited suicide. How could someone who commited suicide drop himself into glassed roof, instead of directly drop himself to ground.
3. David slashed his wrist. I do not know where this news came from...
4. David's motivation.
4.1. He pissed off since his prof did not give satisfactory grade The grade has not been released and he even has not submitted the report. It is also NTu policy not to inform the student about the grade which they got
before release of the result.
4.2. He has mental problem
No record in Student Counselling Centre about his attendance. For bright student
as him, I did not believe that he did not attend counseling if he has some
problems. Also, he still brought bag with usual daily stuff, on incident day,
such as drink bottle, towel, etc. If David planned to kill someone why would
he prepare to bring such things. It is easier for him to just bring one knife
and stab his prof on spot.
4.3. He pissed off because his scholarship has been revoked
I knew David since I was his roommate for 2 consecutive years during Mathematical Olympiad training camp. He almost did not qualify for IMO, only managed to get at 14th rank from 15 people selected. He still joked and laughed to me at that time. He also did not get anything from IMO and still fine, not seemed depressed whatsoever, and according to his parents, he said 'At least, I managed to represent Indonesia at IMO' He also still play Hammerfall game in Facebook at 2 am on the incident day. My friend saw his Facebook account online. How come a murderer played game in the night before incident? If I was him, I will seriously think how would I prepare myself tomorrow
1. Professor attacked David. I deduced this thing for several key points.
According to many reports, David's cloth was soaked on blood. If the blood is
the result from slashing his wrist, it should not soak his cloth since wrist is
far from body. If the wound is from neck, it is easier.
2. David tried to run from Professor. After he realized that he was attacked,
he resisted and run from that room, with wound on his neck.
3. David falled because of unconsciousness. He became panic and probably lose his common sense because of terrible bleeding, drop himself down into
glassed roof to escape from his Professor.
I am responsible for what I have written here, and contact me at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any clarification.
Today, 08:21 AM
1. the student's parents have declared to the indo medias that they
did not see any wrists wounds whatsoever on david's body, it was
basically a lie made by the singapore medias. They saw a stab wound
instead on david's neck
sources : http://newspaper.pikiran-rakyat.com/...etail&id=62511,
http://dunia.vivanews.com/news/read/...di_leher_david, and many more.
2. Prof. chan kap luk wasn't eager to speak out about david's attack
sources : http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...04-126014.html,
3. the carotid artery in the human's neck comes in bigger size than the ulnar arteries in the human's wrists. bigger size = brings more blood.
source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carotid_artery
4. David's shirt, pants and body were covered in blood
source : http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?t=19752&page=2 (see
picture) I've seen a clearly better picture of it though, but they may
have removed it.
5. blood flows when a human is alive (david did not die instantly).
QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ASKED :
1. If the singapore media is biased about david who stabbed the prof,
why can't they be biased about the prof who stabbed david too?
2. Why wasn't professor chan eager to tell about his part of story and
bring out his part of justice (if there's any?)
3. David's body, clothes and pants were soaked with blood. his hand
palms were too (if you see the picture above properly), was he holding
his injured neck to stop the blood flowing? in anguish and pain he ran
from sixth floor down to fourth floor and fell to the ground. Dean of
NTU said no witness saw david jumped, all they knew was a dead body
found on the ground which left blood trail on the glass roof top.
4. If the blood on david's clothes & pants were not his, then whose
blood did it belong to? why would he soak the prof's blood on his
clothes and why did the prof let him do so?
IF I WERE TO BE THE ONE WHO INVESTIGATE :
I'd give a lab check of the blood trail in front of the prof's office
& door, whose blood does it belong to? the prof or david? (hopefully
they haven't cleaned it up)
BY THE END OF THE DAY
1. the singapore and indo medias are reporting 2 different stories.
the singapore medias have gone far and quick enough to report about
the motive of david attack which may be scholarship termination, while
the indo medias are still puzzled by the question "was david killed or
did he commit suicide?"
2. autopsy result will come out next month, court service 4 months from now.
3. let's not judge this problem based on nationality issue, it's
something more serious instead. the classic lecturer-student problem.
parents of ntu students and ntu student no matter what
race/nationality you are please do speak up for justice, don't wait
til it's too late to have you/your children as the victim/s next.
4. be sceptic to the media but think critically. no emotions involved.
5. God is with those that speak for justice, dead men do speak too.
6. more than 30.000 people viewed this thread. still counting and
spreading. the media is no longer powerful.
Today, 08:47 AM
and let's not be too quick to ask WHY david or the prof stab each
other, or what's the motive behind the stabbing. First thing to do is
to be clear of who stabs who first, and how did david die.
Today, 09:07 AM
just do not like what ST is trying to protray David as now..a trouble
youth that is addicted to a computer game suddenly....could anyone
from NTU give any clarification on this? Is it true that he shut
himself completely off?
For who stabbing who,,,that for the policeman to prove..what disturb
this layperson is how singapore media to painting the pic.