Wednesday, February 11, 2009

auntie empress dowager

Ho Ching in better position to support PM
I REFER to last Saturday's report, 'Ho Ching to leave Temasek', which stated that Ms Ho Ching was relinquishing her post as chief executive officer of Temasek Holdings.

This is news I have been hoping for, not because I do not like her. On the contrary, I think she is a capable corporate leader and has been managing Temasek Holdings well.

I hope she will not take up any other corporate post but instead stay by the side of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to assist him in the way that her mother-in-law, Madam Kwa Geok Choo assisted Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew in his political life.

PM Lee, I feel, is somewhat handicapped in that his wife is not with him most of the time and this is a disadvantage which should not be. Now that Ms Ho Ching has decided to give up her own career, I hope she will accompany the Prime Minister on his duties. With her intellect, she can give good advice or feedback on certain matters which others may not be in the position to do.

Let us hope she will emulate Madam Kwa, without whose support and advice, I believe, MM Lee may not be as successful as he is.

Albert Tye

above was a letter sent to ST FORUMS. it's satire and quite amusing. temasek last updated reported losses was about S$58 billion. how real or astronomical the figures could be is still a mystery how it was derived from. there is no transparency nor accountability. it's just a frivolous general statement that sweeps the accounts clean and briefly to peasants.

No comments: